Recipe: Tuna and Spinach Stuffed Wafer Skinny Pancakes
Looking for a delightful and wholesome night meal option? Look no further! Our Tuna and Spinach Stuffed Wafer Skinny Pancakes are the perfect blend of flavors and textures, offering a satisfying and nutritious dinner option that’s quick and easy to prepare.
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
For the filling:
- 1 can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ cup grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, egg, milk, and a pinch of salt to create a smooth pancake batter.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour a ladleful of batter onto the skillet and spread it thinly to make a wafer-thin pancake. Cook until lightly golden on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter.
How to Prepare
- In a separate bowl, combine drained tuna, chopped spinach, grated cheese, diced onions, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place a spoonful of the tuna and spinach filling onto one half of each pancake. Fold the other half over to create a half-moon shape.
- Pancake batter preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking time per pancake: 2 minutes
- Filling preparation: 15 minutes
This recipe makes approximately 4 stuffed wafer skinny pancakes, serving 2-3 people.
- Can I use whole wheat flour for the pancakes? Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier option.
- Can I use canned spinach instead of fresh? While fresh spinach is recommended for better flavor and texture, you can use canned spinach if that’s what you have on hand.
- Can I customize the filling ingredients? Absolutely! Feel free to add or substitute ingredients like bell peppers, mushrooms, or different cheeses to suit your taste.
- Can I make the batter in advance? Yes, you can prepare the pancake batter ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Can I freeze the stuffed pancakes? Yes, you can freeze the cooked stuffed pancakes in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Reheat in a skillet or microwave before serving.
Indulge in a satisfying and nutritious meal with our Tuna and Spinach Stuffed Wafer Skinny Pancakes. These delightful pancakes offer a creative twist on a classic dish and are perfect for a quick and easy dinner option. With the delectable combination of tuna, spinach, and cheese, your taste buds will thank you! So, whip up this simple yet flavorful recipe tonight and enjoy a fantastic meal.
Recipe Article Title: “Tantalizing Tuna and Spinach Stuffed Wafer Skinny Pancakes”
Meta Description (156 characters): “Discover a nutritious and delicious dinner option with our Tuna and Spinach Stuffed Wafer Skinny Pancakes. A delightful twist on classic pancakes!”