Roast Cod with Herb Butter and Roasted Vegetables: A Delightful Culinary Adventure!
If you’re looking for a mouthwatering dish that’s both easy to make and impressively delicious, then look no further than our Roast Cod with Herb Butter and Roasted Vegetables recipe. This delightful culinary adventure brings together the succulence of cod, the richness of herb-infused butter, and the heartiness of roasted vegetables. Let’s dive into the journey of flavors and textures that await you!
- 4 cod fillets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the cod fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, thyme, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to create the herb butter.
- Spread a generous dollop of the herb butter over each cod fillet, ensuring they are evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the halved baby potatoes, cherry tomatoes, sliced bell peppers, red onion wedges, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss until the vegetables are coated in the oil and seasoning.
- Spread the seasoned vegetables on a separate baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place both the cod fillets and the vegetable tray in the preheated oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the cod is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, and the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
The total preparation time for this recipe is approximately 30 minutes.
This recipe serves 4 people.
Q1: Can I use frozen cod fillets for this recipe? A1: Yes, you can use frozen cod fillets, but make sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry before roasting.
Q2: Can I substitute the baby potatoes with sweet potatoes? A2: Absolutely! Feel free to use sweet potatoes for a delicious twist.
Q3: Is there a dairy-free alternative for the herb butter? A3: You can replace the butter with olive oil and increase the amount of fresh herbs for a dairy-free option.
Q4: Can I add other vegetables to the roasted mix? A4: Yes, you can experiment with various vegetables like zucchini, carrots, or asparagus.
Q5: How can I tell if the cod is cooked through? A5: The cod should be opaque and easily flake apart when tested with a fork.
Embrace the delightful flavors and simplicity of our Roast Cod with Herb Butter and Roasted Vegetables recipe. This dish is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family dinner or a special gathering with friends. The herb-infused butter elevates the cod to a new level of taste, while the roasted vegetables provide a perfect complement of earthy flavors. So, indulge yourself and your loved ones in this delightful culinary adventure, and create cherished memories with every bite!